Here is where I will try to be accountable to my new reading goals. I will have 3 categories: Books I’ve Read, Books I’m Reading, and Books I want to Read. I may also from time to time suggest books.
Recommendations: The first is a book I read last summer before moving to Los Angeles, but is amazing and one of my favorites. Pastrix by Nadia Bolz-Weber is the narrative autobiography/memoirs of Nadia in which she tells her story of addictions, finding her faith, and creating a space as a female Pastor in Denver where all feel welcome at House for All Sinner and Saints (HFASS).
Books I’ve Read
1. Tattoos on the Heart: Father Gregory Boyle
2. Bossy Pants: Tina Fey
3. Yes, Please: Amy Pohler
4. Quotidian Mysteries: Kathleen Norris
5. Making Room: Christine Pohl
6. Peace Meals: Anna Badkhen
7. The New Jim Crow: Michelle Alexander
Books I’m Reading
1 Hipster Christianity: Brett McCracken
2. The Poisonwood Bible: Barbara Kingsolver
3. Food For the Soul; Selection from the Holy Apostles Soup Kitchen Writers Workshop
4. Don’t Sweat the Small Stuff; and It’s All Small Stuff
Books I Want to Read
1. Three Cups of Tea: David Oliver Relin and Greg Mortenson
2. Rediscovering Catholicism: Matthew Kelly (This one was given to my by one of my friends at the Lord’s Lighthouse)
3. Get Off Your Donkey: Reggie McNeal
4. Gone with the Wind: Margaret Mitchell
5. Seeing God in Each Other: Sheryl Kujawa-Holbrook
6. The Key to my Neighbor’s House: Elizabeth Neuffer
7. An Alter in the World: Barbara Brown Taylor
So there it is – 13 books in 6 months. I may not read them all, but hopefully I’ll read a lot – and I’m sure the list of books I want to read will grow.
7/1 Update: the list is now 18 books long!